Welcome to Linus’ new series on Headfonia.com! Every two weeks we will publish an interview with an insider of the audio industry. They will give us a little insight on how they started and what they are up to. We are thrilled to be able to share a little something with all of you.
My deepest apologies for the late launch of this episode – we’ve been waiting for some content from Noble which was delayed…
HFN: Who are the people behind Noble? What are your backgrounds?
- Life time audio enthusiast
- Grew up tinkering with electronics
- Started installing and designing car audio systems at age 14
- Worked for Radio Shack through out high school
- Experience in home audio design and instalation
- Bachellors of Arts and Applied Science (focus in Audiology, Speech Pathology)
- Masters degree Audiology
- Doctorate degree Audiology
- Lived in Taiwan 2 years
- Lived in China 2 years
- Lived in Thaiand 8 years
- Languages spoken: English, Mandarin Chinese
- Business mind with a music background
- Grew up playing piano, later specializing in jazz alto-saxophone
- Was an active DJ for 5 years
- Bachelors in Economics and Mathematics (cum laude, major honors) from the University of San Diego
- Born in Seoul, Korea
- Grew up in Nairobi, Kenya, and Bangkok, Thailand before moving to the US for university
HFN: Why Noble?
JM: The name Noble came to me while I was building a CIEM whch is when I often take time to reflect. I was contemplating the situation I was in and how the employees at the company were not happy as they felt they were not being treated respectfully. The solution I arrived at was create a new company for a fresh start and that company would be named Noble.
Noble is something most people strive to become and most people strive to be. Futhermore, in the audio business, there is a lot of snake oil and I wanted to steer clear of that type of activity. I wanted to be, as I have always been, a “no bull“ type of operation.
To find out how John and Brannan met and what got them into audio follow the Jump