Burson and Headfonia are teaming up together to create the first ever photo contest in the headphone world. Take your best pictures and send it to email@example.com between November 1st to
November 21st November 30 (extended) , 2011 to stand a chance to win Burson’s NEWEST HA-160DS DAC/Amp unit.
The theme, of course, is girls and headphones. We imagine you would pretty creative in setting up a shot of your best-looking model wearing your favorite headphone, because the point system will be decided based on these three aspects:
- Attractive girl in the photo. The more attractive, the higher the score (maximum score of 10). If you get several models then you get extra points, but the maximum score is still 10.
- Headphones. Yes, this is the tricky part. The rarer the headphones, the more vintage, the higher the points! So I guess Beats Studio is not going to score very high on this one. The score is not going to be related to the price of the headphone, so a $5,000 Stax SR-009 is not going to do much here. Again a maximum score of 10.
- Setting. A cool setting will also add points to the image. Don’t take a headshot photo since that’s not going to give you any points for the settings. The setting can be anywhere, but be creative since you can also score a maximum of 10 points on the setting.
- Extra point: follow Headfonia’s Twitter (@headfonia) and tweet this contest to get 2 extra points.
- The contest is open to people worldwide.
- You don’t need to own a Burson product, nor feature a Burson product in the picture to enter the contest.
- Any headphones are allowed. Cool headphones, retro headphones will score extra points. This is not about expensive headphones. Just try to be original and cool
- You can use Photoshop to enhance color and contrast, crop, and stuff, but you cannot photoshop in the headphone or the setting. Model + headphone + setting has to be a single original shot, no digital compositing.
- You don’t need expensive equipment to take a picture. An iPhone Instagram picture can be just as cool and good.
- Girls only in the picture.
- No nudity or anything offensive.
- You need a model release, or a document stating permission from the model that you have her permission to use the picture to enter this contest.
- Burson and Headfonia reserves the right of the pictures submitted for promotional purposes.
- In the case of a score tie, we will decide the winner.
- If we have any doubt of the picture’s originality (that you indeed took the picture), you need to be able to submit a proof that you took the picture personally. A good way to do this is to take different versions of the shot you plan to submit.
- Upon announcement of the winner, we will reveal the score of the top three pictures. However, only the winner is entitled to the prize of one Burson HA-160DS unit.
- Any violation of these rules will disqualify your picture from the contest.
- You can submit up to three different images.
- Before you send the email to submit your images, go to Burson’s HA-160DS product page and copy and paste the product specifications to the email.
- Please resize the images to a maximum width/height of 1000 pixels.
Guys, this is a contest for an $900 premium audio product. Give it your best shot!
Update: The gallery can now be found on our Facebook page. Go have look & like it! (Announcement about FB will follow later)
Update2: The contest is now closed. A winner will be announced next week. Thanks for the great pictures, it was a lot of fun. I have learned that a whole lot of people can not read submission guidelines 😀 We’ll keep you posted about the winner. thanks!