I think we’re pretty much settled with the new look. With a white base color, I considered several colors to be the accent color:
- Green is definitely out as we’ve used that before, and I don’t want to go with a lime-green.
- Red: you have a choice of Ferrari Red, or a Maroon Red. I’m afraid that a Ferrari Red would be too flashy, where a Maroon Red is too old looking.
- Yellow and Orange is out as well. We’re discussing serious things here.
- I don’t think we’re going to use purple as well.
- Black and Grey? Hey the world is not monotone.
That leaves us only with blue. I tried copying Facebook’s blue, but I don’t think it looked good. I didn’t want to go with light blue as Gizmodo and Engadget is already using that color. I didn’t want to go with Navy blue either. Something in between of a light blue and navy blue. More mature than a light blue, but more dynamic than a navy blue. I think the current blue is a good choice.
The discussion platform is still not perfect. IntenseDebate (the one active right now) can’t break down the comments into multiple pages. Disqus was better, but I kept on having errors while transferring the old comments, and their support staff seems very busy at the moment. I’m probably going to give Disqus another try once the support staff is ready to help us with the migration.
The Amazon cloud is offline now as it is what’s been causing the problem in the first place. Do you notice any drop in loading speed? I don’t seem to notice it although the headfonia server is halfway round the globe from where I am. I’d love to hear if anybody notices a drop in loading speed, as I’m beginning to feel that the Amazon CDN is not giving a significant speed upgrade. Please leave some comments below.
Thanks for bearing with the work-in-progress, guys.