We continue our $50k gear giveaway with the W80 universal IEM from Westone! Just keep reading and enter the giveaway!
Last week’s Winners
The ROON giveaway is now over! The lucky guy/girl this week is Nicholas Chan from Hong Kong. You will be contacted very shortly by email (check your spam folder), so make sure to get in touch.
As promised and explained earlier, we’ll be doing a year long of weekly giveaways and last September was the start of our 52-week celebration. For this 49th round of the biggest audio giveaway the world has ever seen, we’re giving away the Westone W80 UIEM!! The W80 IEM is worth $1.500USD! This famous IEM can become yours and all you have to do is … sign up and leave a comment saying what speakers you use at home.
But first, let’s look at Westone and the W80 you can win.
I’m convinced everyone knows the Colorado based company from something. Westone isn’t only well known for their earphones, they actually also are famous for their hearing protection, hearing healthcare and military products and all that since 1959. Westone probably among audiophiles is most known for their W-series of universal IEMS, with the W80 as the flagship.
Did you know that Westone already back in 1985 introduced the first custom-fit earpiece for the Sony Walkman style earbuds? Check out this page to learn more of Westone’s history: https://www.westone.com/store/music/index.php/about-westone
Established in 1959, Westone Laboratories has more than 55 years of experience delivering premium in-ear solutions for critical listening applications. Westone is the largest manufacturer of custom ear pieces in the world and was the first to design and manufacture a balanced armature driver earphone. With hearing healthcare and music specialists on our research and production teams, Westone invented the most ergonomic monitor design which provides the most comfortable, best fitting and quietest earphones on the market. The largest names in music turn to Westone in-ear monitors for on-stage use, just as U.S. Air Force fighter pilots depend on Westone’s ACCES® in-ear communications system for mission-critical noise isolation, hearing protection and two-way communication. It is our experience, our products, and our people that make Westone The In-Ear Experts®.
The dedicated W80 product page can be found here: https://www.westone.com/store/music/w80-earphones-3423
The eight driver W80 makes no compromises delivering reference level audio by integrating full size dual bass drivers with dual mid and quad high drivers. The result is an exceptional delivery of extended range and harmonic content that has never been heard in a multi-driver earphone – until the arrival of the W80.
- TRUE-FIT® TECHNOLOGY: 60 years of experience designing products for the ear, has resulted in a universal-fit earpiece that is compact, low-profile, lightweight, and extremely comfortable. Our proprietary eartips enhance the performance of the W80 by ensuring a great fit and seal, right out of the box.
- BALANCED-ARMATURE DRIVERS: Westone’s proprietary balanced-armature drivers provide enhanced sonic detail and frequency range that extends well beyond other in-ear solutions.
- WESTONE BLUETOOTH V2 CABLE: Powered by Qualcomm® aptX™ HD audio, Westone’s Bluetooth V2 cable is designed for music lovers, and tuned to deliver high resolution audio for a truly amazing wireless listening experience. Featuring our exclusive MMCX Audio™ connectors with formed earhooks, Westone’s Bluetooth Cable V2 is compatible with all Westone in-ear monitors and earphones. Enjoy listening to music and taking calls even longer with our new portable charging dock that extends battery life up to twelve hours between charges.
- ALO AUDIO REFERENCE 8 CABLE: Eight braided silver-plated copper and OCC copper wires deliver intense musical resolution and fine inner detail.
- TECHNICAL SPECS: The Westone W80 features a full-range, eight balanced-armature driver with 111 dB SPL @ 1mW sensitivity, 5Hz – 22kHz frequency response, and an impedance of 5 ohms @ 1kHz, 25dB Passive Noise Attenuation
- IN THE BOX + WARRANTY: Purchase includes: W80 Universal-Fit Earphones, ALO Audio Reference 8 Westone Edition, Westone Bluetooth Cable V2, 5 Pair Patented STAR™ Silicone Tips, 5 Pair True-Fit™ Foam Tips, Exchangeable Metal Faceplates, Premium Deluxe Zippered Carrying Case, Premium Small Zippered Carrying Case, 2 Year Limited Warranty.
The lucky winner will get his/her unit shipped directly by Westone. Westone will cover the shipping fee of the IEM to you but neither Headfonia or Westone will cover any other expenses such as VAT, import fees, tax, etc. This is all the winner’s responsibility so if you’re not up for that, it’s best not to enter. Westone also won’t lower the unit’s value for shipping.
In order to enter the competition you need to do the following steps:
- Fill out the form on the page linked below. Use a real full name/surname to enter the contest (partial name entries are no longer accepted) + real email address as this is the address we will use to contact the winner
- Leave a comment on this post you’re reading here. Any comment is good but I prefer you telling me what speakers you use at home.
The winner will be chosen at random out of those that completed all 2 steps!
After signing up you’ll get a personal link to share. For each new participant that enters via your personal link on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook, etc. you get an extra chance to win! Make sure you share/use the referrer link! By entering the giveaway you agree to the rules shown under the “ENTER” button.
Participants will be contacted by email after subscribing, so by participating all entrants also accept us to email them. Do check your spam folder, but if you didn’t get an email you’re still entered. (Gmail addresses receive it slow/late! Don’t request us to check your entry)
The winner of the W80 IEM will be announced next Monday as usual. That means you have till Sunday evening to enter this Westone giveaway!
Thank you Westone for doing this with us! Good luck to everyone!
TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY, leave a comment below and then , CLICK HERE: