Unboxing Impressions & Photos
JH Audio Stuff:
- I love the hardcase packaging. Simple, professional, tough, functional.
- Mispelling on the hardcase: what happens when people barely know you.
- Build quality on the customs: First class. I have no complaints whatsoever. Suprisingly they feel significantly lighter than the Unique Melody Mage. I think JH Audio is using a thinner or lighter material for the enclosure.
- Fit is great. Some people has some concerns about the fitting, but mine turned out to be great. The UM Mage has a very good fit, but the JH is better in the sense that they’re easier to put in and take out.
- Awesome build quality on the cables.
- The TWAG cables for the JH Customs are very soft and flexible. Each strand are thicker than the stock cable, so it’s less likely to get ripped or torn. The flexibility is the best I’ve seen on a cable with this size. There’s almost no difference in flexibility to the original cables.
- The HD800 cable is much smaller in dimension than what I’m using now (APureSound). The sleevings are dark grey color, and they look much better in person that my APureSound with Super Nylon sleevings. The cables are lighter and more flexible as well. The XLR and the HD800 connectors are quite fancy, and heavier than the standard/Neutriks used on the APureSound.