Disclaimer: The AudioQuest Dragonfly units were sent to us free of charge in exchange for a review, we’re reusing them here for MQA. The review was published In 2016 already.
AudioQuest DragonFly & MQA
When AudioQuest launched the Dragonfly series they said there would be a tool to easily update the DF’s to a new firmware, and as promised AudioQuest a few months ago released this tool and a firmware update. Now with the latest FW update your DragonFly RED and Black are able to stream Master files in MQA from Tidal. As the DragonFly review is still one of our most read articles and we keep getting questions about it, we decided to make you this straight to point video on how to update your DF and how to set up tidal for the MQA streaming (Master). If you have no idea what a DragonFly Red/Black is, you better check this out first: https://www.headfonia.com/review-audioquest-dragonfly-red-black/
Enjoy the video!
TIDAL / MQA
As I have one DragonFly Red with MQA and another without MQA, it’s fairly easy to hear the differences between both. With the latest update and the correct settings, you get an even higher level of detail with better extension and the delivery is more relaxed. This results in a very rich and non-fatiguing sound and once you’ve heard it, it’s hard to go back to the “old way”. If you already have a DF Red/Black and a Tidal subscription that allows you to stream Master quality files, then I don’t see any reason why not to upgrade.
As I mentioned in the vid, we do have a little surprise for you guys. Together with AudioQuest, we’ll give away two Dragonfly Red and a Black unit. This giveaway/contest is open worldwide and the latest possible entry date is January 28. In order to be able to win you need to do the following:
- Like the AudioQuest Facebook Page if you haven’t so already
- Like the Headfonia Facebook Page. If you haven’t already: shame on you 🙂
- Subscribe to our Headfonia Youtube Channel if you can
- Leave a comment on this article why you think you deserve a free DragonFly unit.
- If you’re a lucky winner, you have to write a mini review about how you think the DragonFly sounds, and we’ll add these impressions to this article.
The winners will chosen by HFN and AudioQuest. The lucky ones will have completed all the above steps, they will be contacted by email after the contest has ended. Make sure we can link your name (and email) to your Facebook account to check if you followed the required steps.
Contest Rules & Disclaimer
- The entrant himself agrees to cover all additional costs there may be related to shipping and customs. Or any other fees for that matter.
- You have to use a real email address or we won't be able to contact you
- In case the winner didn't supply a correct email address Headfonia will select a new winner at random
- If we discover fraud you will be eliminated from the giveaway without notice
- Only one entry per IP and Household
- The winner has 1 week from the moment we contact him to reply to our email. If not a new winner will be chosen
- The use of multiple email addresses for one person is not allowed
- By entering the contest you agree to subscribe to the Headfonia monthly newsletter
- Headfonia can change the giveaway rules at all time without previous notice
- Headfonia can eliminate any participant without notice
- Entrants have to be at least 18 years old
- Employeesd of AudioQuest and Headfonia can not enter the contest
You can of course also share the contest using the buttons in the app (you’ll get extra chances!) To share it on Facebook, don’t forget to copy your unique ID/link manually!
Don’t forget to comment why you should win, be original. Good luck!
We’ll be back next week with another video. What about? Not AudioQuest of course, it will be something completely different. What? We have no idea yet , but it will yet again be exciting 😉