Personally, this is how I’m going to lay out the recommendations:
- JDSLabs CmoyBB – Love it. Warm, moderate pace, smooth and pleasing, great all rounder. Recommended.
- PA2V2 – Love it. Clean sounding, linear, forward, engaging, awesome PRaT. Recommended.
- Fiio E11 – Small and easy to use. The best portability factor. Fun sound.
- Fiio E7 – Get the E11 instead if you don’t need the DAC.
- Soundmagic A-10 – Good smooth sound is better than Fiio E11, but volume control design flaw makes it very hard to use day to day.
- AMB Labs Mini 3 – Technical giant. Recommended for people looking for superb technicalities.
- JDSLabs CmoyBB – $59.99 from JDSLabs
- PA2V2 – $60.00 from Electric Avenues. Send Gary an email (email@example.com) to order one.
- Fiio E11 – $64.99 from Head-Direct. Currently out of stock on Amazon.com
- Fiio E7 – $99.79 from Amazon.com or $99.90 from Head-Direct.
- Soundmagic A-10 – $67.50 from MP4Nation.net.
- AMBLabs Mini3 – You can ask Rockhopper Audio about getting a Mini3 built for you, or you can get the complete kit from Glassjar Audio ($92.62)