Yes, it’s that time again. Only a few weeks to go and Canjam Europe IS BACK!
Canjam Europe 2017 is the 5th edition already and I wouldn’t miss it for the world. Each year Canjam europe has gotten bigger and this year an unseen number of “Brands” will be represented at the two-daily show. New this year is the relocation from Essen to Berlin, we’re about sad about that but we’ll see how it turns out.
Just to be clear, the Canjam Europe show is not related to the Head-Fi Canjam shows, it’s complicated. This year’s show will be held at the NHOW Hotel in Berlin on November 4th and 5th.
Many new products will premiere at the show, such as Sennheiser’s brand-new headphone HD660S, successor to the legendary HD650 and Beyerdynamic’s new wireless headphone Avento that stores individual sound profiles for its users. 1More will have the world’s first THX-certified headphone at CanJam Europe, Grado from New York has its rare GH2 on display, which is limited to just 2,000 pieces worldwide, as well as its new flagship model PS2000e for approx. 3,000 Euros. Chord will demo Poly the new add-on to its highly popular portable amp/DAC Mojo, that turns it into a highres streaming and playback device.
Additional CanJam Europe highlights include listening sessions with Sennheiser’s 50,000-Euro headphone HE-1, which can be compared to its legendary successor Orpheus at the show. Hifiman will have not only its new model Susvara, but also its 50,000-Euros flagship Shangri-La at the show booth in Berlin.
Starting in 2018, CanJam Europe will be cooperating with the world’s premiere hifi show “High End” on May 10th to 13th in Munich, Germany. At this additional event, CanJam Europe @ High End will unite the world of portable hifi with classic high end hifi.
More highlights at CanJam Europe in Berlin, Germany:
- Audio-Technica: winner of 2017 CES Innovation Awards ATH-DSR9BT and ATH-DSR7BT, additional ATH-ADX5000 and some high res certified headphones
- Audio Precision: new product APx Bluetooth Duo interface module for audio analyzer of APx series; binaural headphone tester AECM206 (presented by Audio Precision and Admess Vertriebs GmbH)
- Corda: 2 prototypes of Corda Soul (presented by Dr. Jan Meier, developer and owner, Meier Audio)
- Dixo Audio: new product R-2R USB/SPDIF portable DAC (presented by developer and owner Dmitry Bandurian, Dixo Audio)
- Eternal Arts: OTL headphone amplifier like the classic KHV, combination from KHV and 3 sources high-level preamplifier HLP, the professionell headphone amp TTP (presented by Dr. Burkhardt Schwäbe)
- Etymotic: world premieres ER3SE und ER3XR In-Ears (presented by KS Distribution)
- Grado: top model PS2000e with hybrid construction and dynamic drivers; combined with headphone amps like Pathos InEar, Fosgate and world premiere of British manufacturer Exposure (presented by High-Fidelity Studio)
- Meters Music: magnetic In-Ears (presented by Sieveking Sound)
- Sennheiser: lecture by Axel Grell, legend and product manager e.g. HD 800 and HE-1
- Shure: listening portfolio, especially headphones KSE1500, SE846 and SRH1540 (presented by Senior Applications Engineer Jürgen Schwörer)
- SPL: „Professional Fidelity“ series (headphone amp, preamp „Phonitor x“ and headphone amp „Phonitor e“) and DAC „Director”
- Soundmagic: world premiere P22BT High Fidelity Bluetooth On-Ear headphones with NFC (presented by KS Distribution)
So yes, you really have to visit Canjam Europe in Berlin on Saturday and/or Sunday November 4 & 5! Weekend tickets only cost 15€ and a day ticket only costs 8€.
See you there and do come say hello!